In this episode, we discuss the power of Why? plus:
- How changing the words you use can have powerful results
- Three key questions to guide your work
- The importance of reading professionally
- The importance of being a team player
Col. Lawhorn’s Key Points:
- Help your boss articulate the outcomes he or she is looking for.
- Before starting a project, always ask these three questions:
- What problem are we trying to solve?
- Why is this a problem we need to solve?
- What do you think it will look like when we solve this problem?
- Think about how communication can help achieve organizational objectives; don’t just focus on separate communication objectives.
- Substitute the word ‘and’ instead of ‘but’ when disagreeing with somebody to help find a solution.
Malcolm Gladwell “Blink”